Options

Image mining package on single picture

benesbenes Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
??? Hi everybody

I want to apply the image mining package on single pictures ( photographs ). Is it practical? Has anybody done something like it? My idea is to

pick up the data matrix of a tiff file an apply rapid miner on it. I appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

Answers

• Options
    StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hello benes,
    you can read some articles about image mining on  http://splab.cz/en/research/data-mining/articles.

Best,
    Václav
  • Options
    DocMusherDocMusher Member Posts: 333 Unicorn
    Image mining on single picture,

Could you please specify the goal of your research, what do you want to achieve by this?

Cheers

Dr. Sven Van Poucke
  • Options
    benesbenes Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hello Dr. Van Poucke

I want to produce  art photographs. The idea is simple: to identify not readily seen relations, that is, color, shape and spatial relation, and then make new

photographs by highlighting, mixing, whatever I think. For this, Rapid Miner will have to produce an image for each relation it finds. Finding, lets say, 10 good

relation I could ( hope to ) get some good photographs. Evidently this could be used in readily seen relations. If you need further informations please just

ask. I can use any help I get.Thanks for your interest.

Best regards.

benes
  • Options
    DocMusherDocMusher Member Posts: 333 Unicorn
    This should be possible however how are you defining what to measure, and what might be important later on. Depending on the scientific depth of your project you could first take a look at ImageJ
    Cheers

Dr. Sven Van Poucke