Options

"Scatterplot Help"

Etienne_AEtienne_A Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,
I've read that, since ver 4.1, the points shape in plotter could be parametrized. I am wrong ?
If not, how could I set the shape other than the defaut red circle with a black border ?
My problem is that I try to plot a large set of points (5000 for the moment), and that the default shape is not fine enough in my opinion to clearly see correlation effects.

Thanks in advance,
and, by the way, hundreds of "bravos" (in French) for this great app,

Etienne.

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Etienne,

thanks for the kind words.

Currently, it is only possible to set the "minimum" and the "maximum" color of the plots but not the shapes not the size. While customizing the shapes would mean a lot of changes which might be done if a customer demands it sometime, the customization of the point size is relatively easy and I therefore will add this to our todo list  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Etienne_AEtienne_A Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi,
    thanks for your quick and accurate reply, I am waiting for this future new feature...
    For the moment, I think of two possible solutions :
        1. I should reduce the size of my sample,
        2. in this sample, in order to see what happens, I should overweight the caracteristic I am representing in color so that they clearly appear.
    This should do for my immediate needs.

Vielen dank,
    Etienne.