Options

[SOLVED] Series Multiple Plotter Auto Range not working

victor_martinvictor_martin Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi,

There is a minor glitch on Series Multiple that kind of drive me nuts. In this case I am trying to visualize the prediction time series on top of the real values, so on results tab I select "Plot View", then Series Multiple Plotter and check the two series I want to plot.

Once plotted I want to align both axes, so I click with right button on the chart and select Auto Range > Both Axes and this is the result:

As you can see, the Y axis is not aligned. Every time I try to visualize two series I have a hard time in order to get these axes aligned. I'd like to know if I am missing something here, or if it is a common problem

Cheers,
Victor
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Victor,

with the series multiple plotter it is currently not possible to have the same range for all series. If you need that, add an index attribute to your data (if you don't have one), and use the advanced charts to display the data.

For that, drag the index attribute from the top list onto the domain dimension in the tree view below, and the attributes you want to plot onto the Empty Axis.
    If you need further help, just come back here. For further instructions and advanced topics regarding the advanced charts, please find the plotter manual on our website: http://rapid-i.com/content/view/306/233/lang,en/

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    victor_martinvictor_martin Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Marius,

Thank you so much for your help.

Not only I've fixed my problem, but I've also discovered the super awesome Advanced Chart tool. Powerful & easy, much better now :)

Keep up the good work!
    Victor
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Great to hear that! Happy mining ;)