🎉 🎉   RAPIDMINER 9.5 BETA IS OUT!!!   🎉 🎉

GRAB THE HOTTEST NEW BETA OF RAPIDMINER STUDIO, SERVER, AND RADOOP. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

🦉 🎤   RapidMiner Wisdom 2020 - CALL FOR SPEAKERS   🦉 🎤

We are inviting all community members to submit proposals to speak at Wisdom 2020 in Boston.

Whether it's a cool RapidMiner trick or a use case implementation, we want to see what you have.
Form link is below and deadline for submissions is November 15. See you in Boston!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO ENTRY FORM

"How do I use Windows authentication for Microsoft SQL Server"

User13User13 Member Posts: 155  Guru
edited May 23 in Knowledge Base

Symptom:

The authentication for MSSQL databases does not work.

Problem:

Microsoft SQL Server can use integrated Windows authentication to connect without explicitly specifying a username and password, but rather authenticating via the logged in Windows user. This authentication mechanism can also be configured in RapidMiner Studio.

Solution:

This behavior can be configured as a regular JDBC driver property, as is described in this article:
“How do I configure properties of database connections defined in RapidMiner Studio?”

If the JTDS driver shipped with RapidMiner Studio for Microsoft SQL Server is used, the respective property name is
integratedSecurity
. This property must be set to “true”. Setting driver properties is possible via the “Advanced” button in RapidMiner Studio's connection editor.

In order for this functionality to work properly, a platform dependent native library file needs to be installed. It can be obtained from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/jtds/. Download the ZIP file, locate the file x86/SSO/ntlmauth.dll or x64/SSO/ntlmauth.dll, depending on your architecture, and copy it to a directory on the path, i.e. listed in the Windows %PATH% environment variable. A good candidate is also the lib folder of your Java Runtime installation. If you cannot copy it into a directory on the %PATH%, you need to specifiy the location as parameter to the RapidMiner-Studio.bat startup script.

To do so, call the aforementioned .bat file with the following parameter:

-Djava.library.path=C:\Your\Path\To\ntlmauth.dll

Tagged: