Options

Potential update problems

SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear RapidMiner users,

Unfortunately, we had a problem with the update mechanism which causes errors on some Windows computers. If you get an error message saying "Windows cannot find RapidMinerUpdate.exe" or you are not able to update RapidMiner anymore, your installation is affected. We have fixed the problem on the marketplace server, so new updates shouldn't have this problem at all, but for an already corrupted update you have to apply the following steps to fix this problem.
  • Download the missing RapidMinerUpdate.exe
  • Go to the installation directory of RapidMiner and copy the file into the scripts directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts or C:\Program Files (x86)\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\scripts)
  • If you are not prompted to enter your administration password after the restart of RapidMiner, you have to restart Windows before.
The problem affects installation that were updated from RapidMiner 5.2.8 or before to 5.3.0 and then to 5.3.5

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
 Marcin

Answers

• Options
    awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    I got a similar error and I think it's something to do with the way I run RapidMiner. I use the GUI batch file so that a separate console is started. I tried to upgrade to 5.3.005 from 5.3 but it never found the new version after a restart.

Once I copied the RapidMinerUpdate.exe to the scripts folder and ran the RapidMiner.exe, things went much better. There was one final thing, I had to manually remove the update folder in my local .RapidMiner folder to stop RapidMiner from thinking there was a new update.

Everything works ok now.

Andrew