Options

Running PHP script

preethipreethi Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi ,

I have been using Rapidminer for a while and the tool has been very helpful. Recently I started using Rapidanalytics too. I have created a PHP script which reads the tweets based upon location (WOEID) into excel sheet or a database. So every time I want to read, I run the PHP script using the browser and the data gets collected. But I want to completely automate this process using RapidAnalytics. I want the script to run every 12 hrs or so and start reading automatically. The data keeps getting appended. Is there anyway I can do this using Rapidminer?

I tried to use Get Pages and Web Crawling Operator, but I was not able to read the tweet pages. For eg, this link http:\/\/twitter.com\/search?q=%23SaveOlympicWrestling
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Thanks,
Preethi

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

achieving the automated execution of your php script is easy: just create a RapidMiner process which uses a Get Page operator to load that script (that has the same effect as opening the script via the browser). Then schedule the process on RapidAnalytics to run every 12 hours.

Concerning the twitter feed: what does happen if you try to read? What exactly do you mean by "I was not able to read it"? And where to the backslashes in the URL come from? In this form the link is obviously indeed not valid :)

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    preethipreethi Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thanks Marius that was very helpful. Regarding the tweets if you just copy the link and paste in a browser, you can see tweets. It just got copied in that manner :D

Thanks again...
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    I'm not sure if RapidMiner can handle the backslashes...

Best regards!
    ~Marius