Rapid Miner freeze when browsing repositories

wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Dear All,

My Rapid Miner often freezes when trying to expand nodes in the repository browser.
This freeze takes about 30 seconds to resolve.
I never experienced this problem before, and I have no idea what might be the cause.

Best regards,

Wessel

Answers

• wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    I think the problem was a corrupt repositories.xml.

Maybe because of weird windows directories that involve capitals?

Lets say you already have a directory inside your default repository directory named TEST (uppercase is important).
    Now you make a new repository named Test (with lowercase).
    Now the repositories.xml is pointing to DEFAULT_LOCATION/Test, while your OS only knows  DEFAULT_LOCATION/TEST

I think this is what happened, but I have troubles replicating the problem.
    So maybe someone else has an alternative suggestion?

Best regards,

Wessel
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

my first question would be are you using RapidMiner 5.3.005? The ability to create folders with the same name but different capitalization was removed in RapidMiner 5.3, and your idea about a folder and a repository also does not really work out because a repository entry always points to the folder specified, but the alias you selected for it is not part of the location on the filesystem.
    So I'm afraid I have no idea what might be the cause of your problem, and I've never heard of it before so far..
    Did the problem go away after you recreated your repositories.xml?

Regards,
    Marco