"[SOLVED]Importing from a DDE excel file? Is it possible with Rapid Miner"

paotraderpaotrader Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with RapidMiner, I have been learning how to use rapidminer for the past month or so. I am a daytrader and my market data is updated in an excel file via DDE (dynamic data exchange). Assuming we use a simple statistical model for predicting the outcome of the price of a stock  in an hour from now, is there a way for rapidminer to import this data dynamically?

The live data I get is Symbol, Date, Time, Open, High, Low, Close price and Volume.

One approach would be to run a timer macro in rapid miner to give predictions every minute or so; but I don't have a clue how to set up or which operators to use to import the data dynamically?

Any suggestions how to tackle this issue or perhaps links to similar projects will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help...Paolo
Tagged:

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi Paolo,

you should setup a RapidAnalytics Server, which is capable of scheduling a process to run at a regular interval, e.g. every 20 minutes. That process could import the data from the Excel sheet into a database (if that is feasible for you), and apply your prediction model. It can write the data back into the excel file, into the database or even publish it via a webservice.
    The RapidAnalytics Community Edition is available under the AGPL license from our website.

Does that meet your idea of "dynamical"? If not, please explain more detailed what you mean by that term.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • paotraderpaotrader Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks Marius,

for taking the time to consider and respond. I will work on your suggestions and will post if any issues come up.

I consider this question answered.