Options

Web Usage Mining with Rapid Miner

starstar Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I'm very much new to Rapid Miner and I'm currently doing a research on web usage mining. I wand to analyse some apache and IIS web server logs and detect some fraudulent activities. I have googled and couldn't find some tutorials for this kind of web log file mining using Rapid Miner? So my questions:

1) Is it possible to do this with Rapid Miner(As I know it has a web mining extension)
2) Can somebody please advice me how to do this?

Thanks very much in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello

Within the Web Mining Extension there is the Log Server Processing group. There are a couple of operators there that allow log files to be processed. I have used it to process Apache log files; IIS was harder work and I gave up. I remember there was some dialogue on this support site about it - search for polliwog, the open source software that is used within the operator.

You may have to work at it but look on the bright side, you will learn something!

regards

Andrew
  • Options
    Thanks very much..I have tried it with Apache, But the problem is using a IIS log file. Are there any converters that convert a IIS log file in to Apache common log format.

Thanks.
  • Options
    awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
  • Options
    Thanks Very Much Andrew, It was very helpful, but in my case it didin't work.  :(
  • Options
    veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
    Hello,

did you manage to sove this problem?

I have the same problem...

Thank you in advance!