Options

[Solved] Strange behavior of recall operator

philophilo Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I am having a hard time with the recall operator and I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could help me.
I want to use the same train and test data sets in different X-validations,
so I store the data sets with two distinct remember operators (one for training data sets and the other
for testing data sets) on the first X-Validation which is executed before the others.
When I try to retrieve the aforementioned data sets  on the next X-Validations with the recall operators (a different one
for the training and testing of X-Validation) I get the train data sets on both occasions.
I pasted below the XML code .
First the recall operators:
 <operator activated="true" class="remember" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Remember" width="90" x="45" y="255">
               <parameter key="name" value="train%{a}"/>
               <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>

<operator activated="true" class="remember" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Remember (2)" width="90" x="45" y="210">
               <parameter key="name" value="test%{a}"/>
             </operator>

</operator>

Below the recall code (the %{ll2} is a macro) :
 <operator activated="true" class="generate_macro" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Macro" width="90" x="45" y="30">
                               <list key="function_descriptions">
                                 <parameter key="ll" value="param(&quot;Validation Knn&quot;,&quot;number_of_validations&quot;)"/>
                               </list>
                             </operator>
                             <operator activated="true" class="generate_macro" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Macro (2)" width="90" x="179" y="30">
                               <list key="function_descriptions">
                                 <parameter key="ll2" value="(%{a})%(floor(%{ll}))+1"/>
                               </list>
                             </operator>
                             <operator activated="true" class="recall" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Recall" width="90" x="179" y="120">
                               <parameter key="name" value="train%{ll2}"/>
                               <parameter key="remove_from_store" value="false"/>
                             </operator>

<operator activated="true" class="recall" compatibility="5.3.006" expanded="true" height="60" name="Recall (2)" width="90" x="45" y="165">
                               <parameter key="name" value="test%{ll2}"/>
                               <parameter key="remove_from_store" value="false"/>
                             </operator>

Answers

• Options
    philophilo Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    It seems that my problem disappears when I put the materialize_data operator before the remember operator.
    However,it seems like a bug to me ,since I tried this with many different problems (some of them rather small) and I always encountered the same problem.
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    You'd help us in reproducing the problem if you attach your *complete* process.

Btw, it seemsthat you are RapidMiner 5.3.6, which is quite outdated - please update to the latest version, maybe your problem has already been fixed.

Best regards,
    Marius