Options

Filter examples by comparing to another Database

gael_buvatgael_buvat Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited August 2019 in Help
Hi everybody,

I am currently trying to learn how to use RapidMiner in order to predict the success or the failure of my database made of machines with various caracteristics.

What I am trying to do is :
- Importing one set of examples that represents the list of my machines (Name, Type, size, hardness, etc)
- Importing the choices that my user made (Size, hardness, etc)
- Filter the examples from the first database of machines thanks to the second one.

For now I tried with Filter Example but it works only with one set  of example input so I woud like to know if you have some advises to do that.

Thank you very much,

Gaël.

Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Have a look at the Set operators such as Join, Set Minus & Intersect. 

From your description Join is the operator that you want to use as you can then set multiple keys based on the user input - Name, Type, size, hardness, etc
    Things to bear in mind: if your user doesn't enter data in all variables you might want to construct your process in a clever way so that any items left blank are ignored. 

One question I have is how do you want your machines filtered by user input?  If your user gives a result of Hardness = Soft in one example & the second Hardness = Firm, would you want to filter to 0 machines as there are none that are both hard & soft?