Parallel EvolutionaryWeighting?

keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Does EvolutionaryWeighting take advantage of multiple CPU's?  It seems like RM could parallelize the EW work, at least up to population size in a generation.  If it doesn't do it now, are there any plans to add a parallel-processing version of it? 

Thanks,
Keith

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Keith,
    we are steadyly working on adding as much parallel version of our operators as possible. As you said, evolutionary processes might "easyly" be parallelized. But as this "easy" is not really that easy in a complex software, it will take some time.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    Hi Sebastian,

Actually, I don't think I said it would "easy" anywhere in my posting, and I certainly wouldn't want to trivialize the amount of development involved (especially since I'm not the one doing it!)  :)

All I was thinking was that it a parallel EW would be very useful (at least to me), and wondered if it was on the list of priorities yet. 

Conceptually, a parallel EW seems similar to the already-available parallel Parameter Optimization node, but I obviously have no idea if having developed the code for parallel PO makes doing it for EW any easier.

Thanks,
    Keith