Options

"R Extension in Rapidminer 6.5 [SOLVED]"

jamaludin1935jamaludin1935 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I was install rapidminer 6.5 version, then i want to install r extension, but i found that last version of r extension not compatible to rapidminer 6.5 version. So,  whether r extension will available for rapidminer 6.5?? whether someone have tutorial for r scripting in rapidminer?? because, when i try it just show memory buffered file...

thank you,
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

it was replaced by the R Scripting extension :)
    When you look at the Help for the R operator, you have multiple tutorial processes with some comments available to get you started.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    jamaludin1935jamaludin1935 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    ohh.. thank's

so, in rapidminer 6.5 we can use R console as in another version of rapidminer before???
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

no. We wanted to make setting R up within Studio really easy (as opposed to almost impossible before) and thus removed all the unnecessary functionality. The typical use case of using R within Studio is to simply create an R script which takes data, does something with it and then returns data. That is now immediately supported and can be used in your process workflow.
    If you need to fiddle with something in the R console, do it in your regular R console. There was no point in duplicating it within Studio so it's gone for good.

Regards,
    Marco