How to convert a model into a process?

SheilaBSheilaB Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi!

I created a model, but I lost the process, which means I can´t see what I did, Is it possible for me to be able to see the process that is inside the model I have saved?

Thanks for your help!!!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm afraid not. To put it simply, a model is nothing more than a set of rules. It has no concept of a process with which it was created. It does however know how the data it was trained on looks like, if that is of any help. You can see it by writing the model in XML format to your disk like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="6.6.000-SNAPSHOT">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.6.000-SNAPSHOT" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="6.6.000-SNAPSHOT" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve Deals" width="90" x="45" y="30">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Deals"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="parallel_decision_tree" compatibility="6.6.000-SNAPSHOT" expanded="true" height="76" name="Decision Tree" width="90" x="246" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="write_model" compatibility="6.6.000-SNAPSHOT" expanded="true" height="60" name="Write Model" width="90" x="447" y="30">
            <parameter key="model_file" value="C:\Users\XYZ\Desktop\1.mod"/>
            <parameter key="output_type" value="XML"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve Deals" from_port="output" to_op="Decision Tree" to_port="training set"/>
          <connect from_op="Decision Tree" from_port="model" to_op="Write Model" to_port="input"/>
          <connect from_op="Write Model" from_port="through" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Regards,
    Marco
  • SheilaBSheilaB Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thank you Marco!

Maybe you can help me with something else. I created a linear regression model with a weka extension, but when I apply the new data it won´t predict the label variable, it is just appears the name of the column but empty, why is this?
    The thing is that I have to do two models, one which is the one that is saved, and is working, but the new model is the one that is not working and I have no idea why.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

can you please attach the process? Bonus points if you can demonstrate the problem with generated data ;)

Regards,
    Marco