Recover deleted process

bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I make a mistake and deleted a process I didnt want to delete, from Rapidminer menu  :-[ I went to the repository forder and look up for the option "undo delete" but it doesnt appear anything. I didnt found it n the recycle bin  neither.  Is there any way to recover it?  :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( Please help me!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

after you have confirmed the deletion request dialog, there is unfortunately no way to recover data in your repository as that action is final.

But if you do not use the harddisk anymore after the incident and use a data recovery software, there is a decent chance (depending on the software you use) that it will find that file. I cannot explain in this forum how data recovery works but there is plenty of material out there for you to read upon. The most important thing to know is that continuing to use the computer makes it worse because at some point the file will be physically overwritten on the disk. At the moment it is only marked as "can be overwritten" and no longer listed in the file table, but the physical data still exists.

IMPORTANT: Usage of such tools is risky, therefore please be careful. We cannot be held responsible for any data loss or other problems occuring as the result of you deciding to use such recovery software.

Regards,
    Marco
  • bzavalabzavala Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
    Thanks you :( I already use two softwares but unfortunately none of them could recover the process :( I´ll have to redo it all over again. Thanks you