[SOLVED] Formatting numbers via CSS in HTML tables

MacPhotoBikerMacPhotoBiker Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I'm creating an HTML table in RapidAnalytics and show it in a WordPress web page, in terms of data all works well.

I'd like to format the numbers in the table in order to make them more readable, for example instead of 50000.00 I'd like to show 50,000.

I know I can use CSS stylesheets, but as far as I figured out, CSS does not allow to do number formatting, all I found was basically "Yes, number formatting SHOULD be possible, but it's not."

Could somebody help me out how to achieve the following formats within an HTML table created by RapidAnalytics:

50000.00 -> 50,000 (or $50,000)
0.034 -> 3.4 %  

Thanks a lot!
Tagged:

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    You have to do the preprocessing in RapidMiner. You can convert numericals to nominal with Numerical to Polynominal. After that you can start to do the formatting. Probably the Replace operator will play a central role.
    An even better choice is probably the Format Numbers operator.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • MacPhotoBikerMacPhotoBiker Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    Hi Marius,

thank you very much, the "Format Number" operator perfectly does what I was looking for, and I wasn't even aware of its existence. Much appreciated!