Options

What is the Gaussian combination Kernel?

Elisa0815Elisa0815 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
For my data analysis, I want to use the RBF-/Gauss-Kernel within the SVM-operator. But I couldn't find it on RapidMiner.

As Kernel, RapidMiner Studio only provides the "Gaussian combination Kernel". What is that? I've never heard about it and couldn't find anything about it on the internet. The documentation also wasn't helpful, since it just says that "this is the Gaussian combination Kernel".

How can I use this Kernel to get the regular RBF-Kernel? It has several Sigmas, so I'm sure that it's definitely different to the regular RBF-Kernel.

I would be really glad, if anyone could provide me some information about the Gaussian combination Kernel and how to use it.

Greets
Elisa

Answers

• Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    You can use the SVM (libSVM) Operator, which offers you an implementation of the RBF kernel.

Best,
    David
  • Options
    earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    Correct me anybody if I'm mistaken but the RBF kernel is the "radial" kernel in the RM operator. You get two parameters : gamma and C. No clue what "gaussian combination is".
  • Options
    Elisa0815Elisa0815 Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Thank you very much for your advice! I gonna use the radial kernel now. You're right, it is the Gaussian kernel. (the form is correct)