Options

"OperatorSelector does not work with Macro Definition"

steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello

Using OperatorSelector with MacroDefiniton I got an NumberFormatError. Diving into the code I found that you have fixed the problem of Integer-Parameters-do-not-use-macros, but not problem of the MacroHandler itself: (i.e. it also occurs in the Zaniah Branch)

Since OperatorSelector try to access the macro BEFORE the process is executed, it gets an error since this macros have not been defined yet. At this step, MacroHandler has only access to predefined macros, the Map "macroMap" is empty. I choose not to add a note in the bugtracker, because this is a quite architectural (does this word exist) problem which may affect other operators, too.

affected methods of OperatorSelector
  • getInputClasses()
  • getOutputClasses()
  • getInnerOperatorCondition()
...maybe you are already aware of this problem ;)

regards,

Steffen
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Steffen,
    thank you for this detailed description. It made it easy for me to identify the problem in the code and at the first glance it feels like there should be a clean solution for this. But since, as you said, this is quite architectural, I will discuss it with the other deveolpers.

By the way: Zaniah has now become the stable branch.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    I just ran into this problem myself today, using RM 4.4 Enterprise.  Did this ever get fixed or is there a workaround?

Thanks,
    Keith

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

this issue is fixed now (and should also have been part of the latest EE update).

Cheers,
    Ingo