Options

How do you kill this thing???

lcasciolcascio Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
So you put one too many attributes into a decision tree or other model and boom, your system becomes so busy you cannot even call task manager to kill RapidMiner, you have to hard boot your computer.  And do it frequently while you are messing with a model to figure out which attributes are good to use.  Is this how it works?  Unlike every other application on the planet?  I'm trying to understand how I can possibly sell this otherwise nice tool for clients to use but have the ugly behavior that it might wreck everything you are working on.

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    mh it works fine for me. Maybe you can limit the RAM in the settings so you take less then you have on your machine?
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

sounds weird. Normally your OS takes care that no program can use up all resources. Sounds a bit like Java starts swapping because you don't have enough memory available and the harddisk activity (I presume you don't have an SSD) is what causes the problem.

Which RapidMiner Studio version are we talking about?
    What OS are you using?
    What are your system specs?

Regards,
    Marco