Refreshing updated data imported to Rapidminer from Excel

SteffelSteffel Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,
I am on a trial license (i.e. new to Rapidminer). Started to Import data with the Excel "retriever". If the data changes in the Excel, this is not reflected in the data imported to Rapidminer. I was not able to "refresh" the data other than start the Import wizard once again.

For practical purposes I would like to "push a button" that re-freshes the data Import. Grateful for a "how to"!

PS. if that is not possible, I wonder if an constantly updated (locally stored) MSAccess table would help? Here I have the problem that cannot figure out how to connect (host=?, port=?, etc.). Maybe you have an example?

Thank you for a quick answer, potentially a link to an already posted answer (sorry then for not finding it)

Steffel
Tagged:

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Actually, rather than using the import wizard build a process using the Read Excel operator as a starting point. 
    When data in the Excel document changes just 'Push a button' to run your RapidMiner and it will update with the new data.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="6.5.002">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.5.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="read_excel" compatibility="6.5.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read Excel" width="90" x="112" y="75">
            <list key="annotations"/>
            <list key="data_set_meta_data_information"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="set_role" compatibility="6.5.002" expanded="true" height="76" name="Set Role" width="90" x="246" y="75">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="MyFieldName"/>
            <list key="set_additional_roles"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="subprocess" compatibility="6.5.002" expanded="true" height="76" name="Subprocess" width="90" x="380" y="165">
            <process expanded="true">
              <portSpacing port="source_in 1" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_in 2" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_out 1" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
            <description align="center" color="transparent" colored="false" width="126">Doing stuff here.</description>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Read Excel" from_port="output" to_op="Set Role" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Set Role" from_port="example set output" to_op="Subprocess" to_port="in 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>