Options

[SOLVED] Question about commercial use, version 6, etc...

mafern76mafern76 Member Posts: 45 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi! I was wondering first if there were any limitations to commercial use in previous RapidMiner versions, and second if there will be as of now, considering version 6 release.

I have seen that apparently there isn't anymore an option to download RapidMiner for free. Is RapidMiner closing source and going 100% commercial?

Also there are some other limitations, as RAM limitation (???)...

If this is the case, will the previous version still be available for the public without any limitations?

I'm very confused, thanks for the clarification.

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

may I point you to this answer by Ingo which explains things quite detailed and should answer your questions: http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,7397.msg25576.html#msg25576

Further:
    - RapidMiner 5 was, is and will stay licensed under the AGPL3, nothing has changed there. That means depending on what you want to do in a commercial project, you need a different license, for example an OEM license if you want to distribute it as part of your own software.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    mafern76mafern76 Member Posts: 45 Contributor II
    Hi Marco thanks for your reply and sorry for the repost, I missed the other thread.

Regards.