RapidMiner does not run!!

vinayarunvinayarun Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello All,

I recently installed the latest version of RapidMiner on my office laptop. I also updated my Java.

When I double click the RapidMiner application, nothing happens! Mouse shows busy for 2 seconds then nothing.

I tried running the .bat files but same thing. RapidMiner will not start at all. No error messages, no splash screen nothing! Tried reinstalling, then uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same thing.

I read online that some other people have also faced this.

Has any one found a solution to this please??  ???

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

which version are you using? The .bat file at least has been modified to stay on screen in case of an error so that you can actually see what's wrong.
    The problems you describe lastly ocurred 1-2 years ago or so. Please make sure to use the latest version (7.1)

Regards,
    Marco
  • vinayarunvinayarun Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hi. I am using the latest version downloaded from the RapidMiner website.

I am still facing the problem.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

weird! Can you please go to your home folder and look in the ".RapidMiner" folder for both the "rapidminer-studio.log" and the "launcher.log" files? Their contents would be helpful.

If they do not exist, you can try to press "Windows+R" on your Desktop, type in "cmd" and then navigate to your install location? Depending on whether you use the 64 bit or 32 bit version one of the following should do the trick:

cd "C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio"
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio"
    Then type in "Rapidminer-Studio.bat" and see what the error is.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,

we have identified a possible cause for the problem: If your JAVA_HOME environment variable contains quotes, it breaks the .bat file.
    The next release will incorporate a fix for this. Until then, you can remove the start and end quotes of your JAVA_HOME variable.

Regards,
    Marco