Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[RESOLVED] Rapidminer Linear Programming

mrmikevmrmikev Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
My colleague has a set of calculations in Excel. The calculations include usage of the Solver Excel plugin to evaluate a max/min of a function with the certain accuracy by adjusting a specified set of parameters. I'd like to reproduce his Excel Solver usage in Rapidminer.  

What operators are available to facilitate linear programming?  Are there plugins to facilitate interfacing with NEOS? http://neos-guide.org/

Any direction would be helpful and thanks in advance!

Answers

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 271 Unicorn
    I don't think there is any native operators in RM to do Linear Programming. Your only chance is an external program like R, Python or Octave. There are extensions to communicate with these programs.
  • mrmikevmrmikev Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Thanks for the note!