Options

Tutorials not executing

leejaydleejayd Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited October 2019 in Help
Hi,

I'm very new to RapidMiner and was looking forward to stepping through the tutorials however, the first tutorial stops after the repository step. None of the other tutorials work.  I'm running version 6.0.002 on Win7.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Lee :-\

Answers

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

what exactly do you mean by "stopped"? After showing some introductory steps via a bubble the first comic step is activated which illustrates how to proceed.
    Are the bubbles shown when starting the first episode? Are the comics shown at all?

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    After the second bubble appears (1st tutorial) talking about repository's no more bubbles appear when I select Next  I just get left at the repository screen.
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    This is the expected behavior. Instead of the bubbles the comic (which is being displayed in the background) shows what to do next  ;)
  • Options
    I found out the issue.  I had previously run one of the wizards and I think this may have changed the view.  Once I selected View : Restore Default Perspective the tutorial started working.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

thanks for letting us know about the issue! I have added it to our internal bug list.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    mpavlovichmpavlovich Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Comic Strip Tutorial #4 Validation process does not advance  past the Testing Subroutine.  All operators are correct and connected.  When I hit RUN, the process executes correctly, but the tutorial will not advance and remains @ 50% complete.
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

could you please copy&paste the xml (select "View" -> "Show Views" -> "XML" in the top menu bar) here? That step is a bit tricky  and I suspect that you are missing a connection in the subprocess.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Marco Boeck wrote:

Hi,

could you please copy&paste the xml (select "View" -> "Show Views" -> "XML" in the top menu bar) here? That step is a bit tricky  and I suspect that you are missing a connection in the subprocess.

Regards,
    Marco
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="6.0.003">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.0.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="6.0.003" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve Deals" width="90" x="45" y="30">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Deals"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="x_validation" compatibility="6.0.003" expanded="true" height="112" name="Validation" width="90" x="246" y="30">
              <operator activated="true" class="decision_tree" compatibility="6.0.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Decision Tree" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
              <connect from_port="training" to_op="Decision Tree" to_port="training set"/>
              <connect from_op="Decision Tree" from_port="model" to_port="model"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_training" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_model" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_through 1" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
              <operator activated="true" class="apply_model" compatibility="6.0.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Apply Model" width="90" x="112" y="30">
                <list key="application_parameters"/>
              </operator>
              <operator activated="true" class="performance_classification" compatibility="6.0.003" expanded="true" height="76" name="Performance" width="90" x="380" y="120">
                <list key="class_weights"/>
              </operator>
              <connect from_port="model" to_op="Apply Model" to_port="model"/>
              <connect from_port="test set" to_op="Apply Model" to_port="unlabelled data"/>
              <connect from_op="Apply Model" from_port="labelled data" to_op="Performance" to_port="labelled data"/>
              <connect from_op="Performance" from_port="performance" to_port="averagable 1"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_model" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_test set" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_through 1" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_averagable 1" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_averagable 2" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve Deals" from_port="output" to_op="Validation" to_port="training"/>
          <connect from_op="Validation" from_port="averagable 1" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Options
    Hi,

you have added the "Performance (Classification)" operator instead of the "Performance" operator. I know the picture might be a bit confusing as of now :-\
    If you exchange this operator, it should work.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    User error.  THANKS