Options

Missing W-Apriori Algorith

monamahfouzmonamahfouz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everyone,

I am trying to look for the W-Apriori operator to use while doing a homework assignment. I can't find it anywhere when looking for it, even on the filter text box on the left hand side. I can find the FP-growth one alright. Worth noting I just accepted updates to Rapidminer 5.

Is that a known issue / do I need to install anything to get to use this operator?

Thanks a lot for helping out!
Mona

Answers

• Options
    awchisholmawchisholm RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 458 Unicorn
    Hello Mona

You need to install the Weka extension. Go to Help->Updates and Extensions (Marketplace) then search for Weka. Follow the instructions to install this.

regards

Andrew
  • Options
    This worked - thank you SO much!
  • Options
    I was able to download the extension and can see the operator now, but the output is missing the actual itemsets! I left all default values as is, this is the output:

W-Apriori
    Apriori
    =======

Minimum support: 0.1 (3 instances)
    Minimum metric <confidence>: 0.9
    Number of cycles performed: 18

Generated sets of large itemsets:

Size of set of large itemsets L(1): 12

Size of set of large itemsets L(2): 3

Best rules found:

It doesn't list the actual itemsets. I am using Rapidminer 6.0.006 - any ideas?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the apriori algorithm is about generating association rules - which are delivered by the operator. The frequent item sets are only an intermediate result.
    If you actually want frequent item sets, you can use FP-Growth to get them.

Regards,
    Marco