Connection refused

albagarciaalbagarcia Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
When I try to create a new RapidMiner Server repository from RapidMiner Studio I get this error:

RapidMiner Studio and Server must use the same edition. The Server 'NewRepository' located at '.....' is a RapidMiner Server 'Starter' instance whereas you are currently using RapidMiner Strudio 'Trial'. I have changed the license in RapidMiner Studio from Trial to Starter but the error persist.

Would I need to do anything more?

Thanks!

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

that is a somewhat unfortunate constellation. Studio and Server need to be on the same 'tier' to talk to each other. If you're using the Trial for Studio you will also need to use the Trial for Server. Otherwise use Starter for both. As they always chose the best available license, you'd need to navigate to
    USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/licenses/rapidminer-studio/ and rename the file from .lic to .bak for Studio
    RM_Server/standalone/configuration/licenses/rapidminer-server/ and rename the file from .lic to .back for Server.

This would revert both to a Starter license.

Regards,
    Marco