[SOLVED] cannot install license (button disabled)

Alabama33Alabama33 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi, I jave a mac OSX 10.9.4, java 1.7.0_71 and RapidMiner Studio 6.

When it opens, I get the window where I am supposed to copy the license. But when I copy the license (with ctrl-V, and not cmd-V, by the way...?) the "Install license" button remains disabled (I cannot click on it). The only option is to close the program.

Any ideas?... Thanks in advance!

Ala

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

what does the "Status" say above the box where you pasted your license?
    If it just says "Invalid", did you accidentally use the Server license for Studio?
    If that is not the case, can you try pasting your license via right-clicking into the box and selecting "Paste" instead of using ctrl-v?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Alabama33Alabama33 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi Marco, thank you for the quick answer.

- Status says: "Invalid" (since when the box opens, before I paste license)

- The license obtained from the web site says "Studio Starter"

- I tried pasting with right-click + Paste, same: the license string is pasted but the Install license button remains disabled.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

which version of Studio are you using? You can see the version in the window title, should say something like "RapidMiner Studio 6.0.008".
    Also when did you generate the Starter license? Today?

Regards,
    Marco
    Version: 6.0.008

I generated the license today. I also tried yesterday with another license (actually 2-3 different ones, for single user, then for multiple users) but the same happened.

Thank you for looking into this so quickly, I appreciate.

Best,
    Ala
    Hi,

we're investigating this now.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi,

I'm afraid the license section is currently broken :(
    We're working on a fix but it will take a couple of hours.

Regards,
    Marco
    Thank you for your support.

Best,
    Ala
  • infosysinfosys Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    same issue with Windows Server 2008R2

RapidMiner Studio 6 Starter, starting copy+paste license key, but nothing happens: Can only click "Close 'RapidMiner Studio' or 'Get Free License'
    Hi,

Starter License generation should work again. You will need to generate fresh licenses though.
    Trial licenses still need some time.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
    Marco
    Thank you for the support. It works.

Best,
    Matteo