Options

'set role' don't work!!!!!!!!!

fvbnju765rfvbnju765r Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
'set role' don't work. always told me that the attribute I set is  ' ' nothing or don't find.
I have to type the code in xml by myself to make it work.
look's you can't set something only by mouse click when you use 'set role'.

Answers

• Options
    qwertzqwertz Member Posts: 130 Contributor II

Hi there,

The "set role" operator generally works fine. So whatever error you get might be related to your special setup or example set.
    Next time you post a question it would be helpful to add your XML code in order to reproduce your problem and hence help you accordingly.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="6.1.000">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.1.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="6.1.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="set_role" compatibility="6.1.000" expanded="true" height="76" name="Set Role" width="90" x="246" y="30">
            <parameter key="attribute_name" value="att1"/>
            <parameter key="target_role" value="label"/>
            <list key="set_additional_roles"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Set Role" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Set Role" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>

Best regards
    Sachs
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

there is a known problem with "Set Role" and other operators which do not remember the setting if you select something via mouse on certain OS and Java versions. There is a fix for this in the pipeline, however until it goes live you will have to live with either your XML-editing workaround or the following workaround: Select the attribute you want, enter some random letter after it and delete the latter again. The attribute you selected should then be remembered.

Regards,
    Marco