Options

Newbie Question: removing duplicate entries

shilaskishilaski Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
I am just learning how to use this tool.  I just figured out yesterday that I could load my spreadsheet directly and now I am trying to remove duplicate entries within my data (cleaning it).  I believe there is an operator there (searched for it) but I can't find it.  Anybody help?

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

if you type in "duplicate" in the operator search field you should be able to find it. The operator is located in the group Preprocessing -> Data -> Filter and it is called [tt]RemoveDuplicates[/tt]. However, this operator is pretty new, but I think it should be available at least since version 4.3.2.

Regards,
    Tobias
  • Options
    I still cannot find it.  Is it in the community version?
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

basically yes, but the minor numbers like 4.3.2 are only delivered to the Enterprise version customers. But the next version of the community edition (4.4 which will be releases during the next days) will also contain this new operator.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Perfect!  thanks for the update