Options

"'Discovery of Multiple-Level Association Rules"

svpriyansvpriyan Member Posts: 29 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hai ,
Basically I am a new comer to the mining field and I found that rapid miner is a good tool to do so. I learnt a lot from this forum how to mine same level data. As you people helped me to overcome my previous problems. Now I bit go further deep to mining.  I am further looking to use rapidminer to study ‘mining multilevel association rules’
I need to ask some questions on behalf to understand the things.

I am going to use the paper “J. Han and Y. Fu, ''Discovery of Multiple-Level Association Rules from Large Databases'', In Proc. of 1995 Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'95)”

Are there already any algorithms implemented in rapidminer 4.3, or do we need to develop anything to implement the concept.

I need your kind reply

Thanks
Priyan

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

the association rules operators in RapidMiner do currently not support concept hierarchies or multiple levels, sorry. As far as I know, there was a masters thesis where some RapidMiner operators for that were developed but I have no idea if those have been published or not. Does anybody knows more?

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    svpriyansvpriyan Member Posts: 29 Maven
    Hai,
    Thanks for the information,
    DO i have a possibility to implement the algorithm what they have mentioned in the paper in rapidminer according chapter 6 in the tutorial, Is that possible.
    Regards
    Priyan
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Sure. The tutorial contains all necessary information. Some special tricks can also be found here in the forum. Feel free to try an implementation. And of course we will also be happy to check your contribution and include it if you like.

Cheers,
    Ingo