"[SOLVED] Windows 7 startup error"

pwalkerjpwalkerj Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Anyone seen this error before?
I searched the forum, but nothing I could readily find.

Also, this error after the Rapidminer Server install, which I ran service.bat to install manually to create.
"Service.bat terminated abormally! Error code 9,009 - RapidMiner Server service registration may have failed!"

And  I get this error when starting the RapidMiner Server:
  [Windows 7 64-bit  8GB RAM]
  [Java  jdk1.7.0_72]

Starting RapidMiner_Server [2014-12-15 08:00:27]
Calling "D:\RMserver\bin\standalone.conf.bat"
===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: D:\\RMserver\\

JAVA: C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_72\bin\java

JAVA_OPTS: -XX:+UseCompressedOops -Dprogram.name=standalone.bat -Xrs -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djboss.server.default.config=standalone.xml

===============================================================================

08:00:28,561 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] (main) JBoss Modules version 1.2.0.CR1
08:00:28,701 INFO  [org.jboss.msc] (main) JBoss MSC version 1.0.4.GA
08:00:28,764 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS015899: JBoss AS 7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4 "Janus" starting
08:00:29,310 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015956: Caught exception during boot: org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationPersistenceException: JBAS014676: Failed to parse configuration
at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.XmlConfigurationPersister.load(XmlConfigurationPersister.java:141) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.server.ServerService.boot(ServerService.java:308) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.controller.AbstractControllerService$1.run(AbstractControllerService.java:188) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character '2' (code 50) (expected a name start character)
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [110,18]
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DataSourcesExtension$DataSourceSubsystemParser.readElement(DataSourcesExtension.java:577)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DataSourcesExtension$DataSourceSubsystemParser.readElement(DataSourcesExtension.java:182)
at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.processNested(XMLMapperImpl.java:110) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]
at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLExtendedStreamReaderImpl.handleAny(XMLExtendedStreamReaderImpl.java:69) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]
at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.parseServerProfile(StandaloneXml.java:1028) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readServerElement_1_1(StandaloneXml.java:340) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readElement(StandaloneXml.java:133) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readElement(StandaloneXml.java:103) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.processNested(XMLMapperImpl.java:110) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]
at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.parseDocument(XMLMapperImpl.java:69) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]
at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.XmlConfigurationPersister.load(XmlConfigurationPersister.java:133) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
... 3 more
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character '2' (code 50) (expected a name start character)
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [110,18]
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedChar(StreamScanner.java:639)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.parseFullName(StreamScanner.java:1920)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.parseEntityName(StreamScanner.java:2044)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.fullyResolveEntity(StreamScanner.java:1511)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.readTextSecondary(BasicStreamReader.java:4652)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.readCoalescedText(BasicStreamReader.java:4098)
at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.getElementText(BasicStreamReader.java:663)
at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLExtendedStreamReaderImpl.getElementText(XMLExtendedStreamReaderImpl.java:144) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]
at org.jboss.as.connector.util.AbstractParser.rawElementText(AbstractParser.java:61)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DsParser.parseDsSecurity(DsParser.java:512)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DsParser.parseDataSource(DsParser.java:700)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DsParser.parseDataSources(DsParser.java:196)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DsParser.parse(DsParser.java:167)
at org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources.DataSourcesExtension$DataSourceSubsystemParser.readElement(DataSourcesExtension.java:553)
... 13 more

08:00:29,310 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015957: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.
08:00:29,325 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS015950: JBoss AS 7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4 "Janus" stopped in 6ms
Shutdown RapidMiner_Server service [2014-12-15 08:00:29]

Tagged:

Answers

• homburghomburg Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 114 RM Data Scientist
    Hi pwalkerj,

the error message stats that you have an error in your config file. Can you check your standalone.xml (at position 110,18)? Most likely this is an issue with your database password.

Cheers,
    Helge
  • pwalkerjpwalkerj Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hello Helge,

Well, so some good news! I did check the password for MySQL, and it was correct, however, when looking at it in Notepad++ I noticed that the password had special characters that were misinterpreted by the Notepad parser. I realized that might be the same problem with the application and reduced the complexity of the password by eliminating the special characters and it works!

I have once or twice seen something like this happen, due to special characters that are misinterpreted as functional characters. I am not sure which character it was, perhaps the ( symbol, but just making the password for MySQL using letters and numbers only worked immediately. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and for Notepad++ for highlighting the characters incorrectly, and having the experience to "put 2 and 2 together".