problems running RapidMiner server on Linux

koepfwkoepfw Member Posts: 14 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
When I start RapidMiner server on Linux using "./standalone.sh &" in the /bin directory it seems that the RapidMiner server gets shut down when I log out.  So, my question is how do I start RapidMiner server on Linux such that it keeps running after I log off?

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,806   RM Engineering
    Hi,

you could try the following:

nohup ./standalone.sh 2>>/dev/null &
    Regards,
    Marco
  • koepfwkoepfw Member Posts: 14 Contributor I
    Thanks. That works.  It turns out though that the process wasn't actually killed because the shell got closed but because it ran out of memory.  The error message in /var/log/messages is for instance "Jan 30 11:40:04 host2 kernel: [3739422.153790] Out of memory in UB 171713: OOM killed process 30705 (java) score 0 vm:10277276kB, rss:1390440kB, swap:0kB".  We upgraded memory on that box to 4 GB and it worked fine for a couple of days.

Then, this morning seemingly the service lost connection to its DB.  I see in server.log "10:57:38,461 ERROR [org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreCMT] (QuartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread) Couldn't rollback jdbc connection. Communications link failure during rollback(). Transaction resolution unknown.: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Communications link failure during rollback(). Transaction resolution unknown.
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526) [rt.jar:1.7.0_75]
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:408) [mysql-connector-java-5.1.31.jar:]

Any idea what could be causing this?  Are we running up against the 1 GB limit of the free version?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,806   RM Engineering
    Hi,

hard to tell without the full server.log. Did it happen while processes were running? It's not impossible this to be a result of the limitation though.

Regards,
    Marco