Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[SOLVED] How to Increase Memory in RapidMiner5.3 Win 64 bit

zahrahnnxzahrahnnx Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello everyone

I'm using Win 8.1 (64 bit, 16 GB), Java 64 bit, and I downloaded RapidMiner 5.3.015 which is 32 bit.

I've tried the possible ways to increase memory based on topics, but I can't increase it more than 1,600 . I even used Java 32 bit in Environment Variables, but it didn't work.

Can you help me to increase to 3,000 or more?

I run the application from here:

This is the system info, while RM and some applications(google chrome, notepad,...) are open.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

that's impossible. 32 bit will never get more than ~1,6GB. But you can just use the 64 bit version which will use all the memory it can get: http://go.rapidminer.com/rm5-community-download-windows-64bit

I noticed that the link to the 64 bit version is missing on the website, I will see to it that this is fixed.

Regards,
    Marco
  • zahrahnnxzahrahnnx Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Marco Boeck wrote:

Hi,

that's impossible. 32 bit will never get more than ~1,6GB. But you can just use the 64 bit version which will use all the memory it can get: http://go.rapidminer.com/rm5-community-download-windows-64bit

I noticed that the link to the 64 bit version is missing on the website, I will see to it that this is fixed.

Regards,
    Marco
    I didn't know Rapidminer 5.3 has both 64 bit and 32 bit. I installed it from your link and now it shows 10GB . Thanks a lot