Options

"[SOLVED]Problem with the extension tutorial"

blatooblatoo Member Posts: 32 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi all,

i try to learn how to write extension for RapidMiner, but I have a problem with the Tutorial "How to extend rapidminer", the Chapter 2 "Using the Scripting Operator" used a "Log" data set as example set, but I can not find where I can download the data set.  Can you tell me, where are the example data sets and where are the example codes?

Thanks very much!

Conny

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I have bad news and good news for you.

The bad: I'm afraid the Log data is not available anywhere.
    The good: You can easily substitute it with the "Iris" dataset. What the tutorial is trying to teach you is how to access existing data and manipulate it. You don't need the exact data described in the tutorial.
    What you need to do:
    • replace the "Log" data with the "Iris" data from the Samples repository
    • change the call from 'attributes.get("relative time")' to 'attributes.get("a1")'. In other words, you now take the "a1" attribute of the Deals data
    • change "Ontology .DATE TIME" to "Ontology.REAL". This means you want to create a numeric attribute instead of a datetime attribute. You could create a datetime attribute anyway, but it's kinda boring because it will only differ by seconds, if at all because the numbers are too small.
    The concept of things stays the same :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    blatooblatoo Member Posts: 32 Contributor II
    Hi Marco,

Thanks very much for the answer! :D

Best reguards

Conny