Options

"Error 'Cannot store object at //Cloud Repository/'"

venkatarchitectvenkatarchitect Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
I have downloaded trial version of RapidMiner Studio 6.2.000.

The first step I did is to try to import my excel file.  At the fifth screen, the import asks
to select the Cloud Repository and a filename.  I chose the default title that says 'Cloud Repository'
(although it says 'disconnected - none' next to it in the main screen), and gave a filename
'rmt1'.  After a brief dialog box display that says 'Importing data', an error message
is displayed which says: 'Cannot store object at //Cloud Repository/<filename>'

I am confused.

1) Why does the cloud repository shows as 'disconnected - none'.  How do I populate
    cloud repositories so that I can select one?

2) If the issue is not with the 'Cloud repository', then why is the import process failing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkat.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,517 RM Data Scientist
    Hello Venkat,

do you really want to upload the data into the cloud? Often beginners would like to start things locally. Usually you should have a a Local Repositroy available to do so.

Sometimes it happens, that you do not have writiing permission in the install directory. Than you do not have this local repository. You can create a new repository with the left most button in the Repositories View

Best

Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

when starting RapidMiner Studio for the first time, a local repository will be created. This can fail for two reasons:
    1) You do not have permission to access the user home folder.
    2) A rare bug occurs which will be fixed with the next update.

In either case you can manually add as many local repositories later as you like:
    When looking at the repository view at the bottom left, you can simply click the + button in the top left corner and select "New local repository". You can the specify a name and whether to use the default location or any other location on your SSD/HDD. Afterwards you can use the repository to store data which is then stored on your SSD/HDD.

The Cloud repository is only available once you get a Cloud subscription and log into the Cloud.

Regards,
    Marco