Options

"[SOLVED] Import Excel in RapidMiner - DATE has error"

zahrahnnxzahrahnnx Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Dear everyone
I have tried to import an excel file in RM 5.3. One of the columns in the excel file has date format, but after importing RM does not show the date, there is only question mark (?). May you help me to fix the problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the old 5.3 had a bug which caused the date format to selection textfield to get cut off. In the first screenshot you can see in the header row where the "Reload data" and "Guess value types" buttons are that on the right side it says "Date format". There should be a textfield next to it but it's not there. Can you increase the width of the dialog by dragging on the right side and see if it pops up?
    The reason you only see "?" is that the default date format is not MM/dd/yyyy and as such it fails to parse the dates and replaces them with missing values.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    zahrahnnxzahrahnnx Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Marco Boeck wrote:

Hi,

the old 5.3 had a bug which caused the date format to selection textfield to get cut off. In the first screenshot you can see in the header row where the "Reload data" and "Guess value types" buttons are that on the right side it says "Date format". There should be a textfield next to it but it's not there. Can you increase the width of the dialog by dragging on the right side and see if it pops up?
    The reason you only see "?" is that the default date format is not MM/dd/yyyy and as such it fails to parse the dates and replaces them with missing values.

Regards,
    Marco
    Thanks Marco
    It works

I expanded the window, so that the box showed up. and I added the date format "MM/dd/yyyy". Thanks a lot :)