Options

[SOLVED] Rapidminer 5.3 on Linux

spok2spok2 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Dear all,

many thanks in advance for a hint what might be wrong ...

I use a text mining process on Windows, consisting of

- Process documents from files
-- Tokenize
-- Filter Stopwords
-- Stem (Porter)
-- Filter Tokens by Length
-- Transform Cases

with no problems.

Now I tried to copy the process to Ubuntu 14.04

- either by copying the *.rpm file
- or by newly creating the process on ubuntu

To my opinion both processes are identical; both tell me: "No problems found"

Starting the process on Windows I get results after about 2 minutes (Wordlist and Example Set)
Starting the process on Ubuntu I get an emty result after 0 seconds (Wordlist as well as Example set are both empty); process stops without errors.

What might go wrong?

Answers

  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

    my bet would be some encoding issue. Check your process XML for weird symbols.

    Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    spok2spok2 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Marco,

    thanks, but this is not the problem.

    What I did (System: Ubuntu 14.04 with Oracle Java 1.8.0_31):
    - completely deleted rapidminer, including .RapidMiner5 in $HOME
    - downloaded rapidminer 5.3.13 from Sourceforge
    - unzip below my local homedir
    - set all dirs to 755, all files to 644
    - copied 5 arbitrary english articles from the web and put them in a directory
    - copied RapidMinerGUI from scripts to installation dir
    - started rapidminer
    - made update to 5.3.15
    - installed extensions
    - created a new process, consisting of the elements I already mentioned (xml see below)
    - get no errors, as well as no results after running the process, ready within 0s

    Same process runs on Windows 7 without any problem



    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.3.015">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.015" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="text:process_document_from_file" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="76" name="Process Documents from Files" width="90" x="112" y="30">
            <list key="text_directories">
              <parameter key="Files" value="/home/XXX/Data/ParticleFoam/test.null"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="prune_method" value="percentual"/>
            <parameter key="prune_above_percent" value="95.0"/>
            <process expanded="true">
              <operator activated="true" class="text:tokenize" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Tokenize" width="90" x="45" y="30"/>
              <operator activated="true" class="text:filter_stopwords_english" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Filter Stopwords (English)" width="90" x="45" y="120"/>
              <operator activated="true" class="text:stem_porter" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Stem (Porter)" width="90" x="45" y="210"/>
              <operator activated="true" class="text:filter_by_length" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Filter Tokens (by Length)" width="90" x="45" y="300">
                <parameter key="min_chars" value="3"/>
                <parameter key="max_chars" value="50"/>
              </operator>
              <operator activated="true" class="text:transform_cases" compatibility="5.3.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Transform Cases" width="90" x="246" y="30"/>
              <connect from_port="document" to_op="Tokenize" to_port="document"/>
              <connect from_op="Tokenize" from_port="document" to_op="Filter Stopwords (English)" to_port="document"/>
              <connect from_op="Filter Stopwords (English)" from_port="document" to_op="Stem (Porter)" to_port="document"/>
              <connect from_op="Stem (Porter)" from_port="document" to_op="Filter Tokens (by Length)" to_port="document"/>
              <connect from_op="Filter Tokens (by Length)" from_port="document" to_op="Transform Cases" to_port="document"/>
              <connect from_op="Transform Cases" from_port="document" to_port="document 1"/>
              <portSpacing port="source_document" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_document 1" spacing="0"/>
              <portSpacing port="sink_document 2" spacing="0"/>
            </process>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Process Documents from Files" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
          <connect from_op="Process Documents from Files" from_port="word list" to_port="result 2"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>

  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

    there is one difference which might be responsible: On Linux, you're using your local Java installation, i.e. Java 8 in your case. On Windows, a JRE is shipped with RapidMiner, so you're using a Java 7 version there. You might want to try again on Linux with Java 7.

    Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    spok2spok2 Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Marco,

    thanks, thatś it ...

    I removed Oracle Java8, installed Oracle Java7 and all is fine.

    Best regards

    Wolfgang
Sign In or Register to comment.