Options

"Building operator in Java: Extension classes are not available."

preethypreethy Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Last week, I had asked a query to execute a spell correction script in execute script operator. I was not able to do this, because there were some errors in my code and I was not able to debug from the GUI. So, I am planning to create aΒ  spell correction operator by creating an operator in Java as mentioned here-How to extend RapidMiner.

The things I did:

1. Included all jar files from RapidMiner Lib folder , (C:\Program Files (x86)\Rapid-I\RapidMiner5\lib ) into the build path of my java project.

2. Started coding using the same guide the link to which is given above.

3. Input for my operator is a Document ( com.rapidminer.operator.text.Document) as in the script.

But, I am not able to use this Document object in this code. Can you tell me why? Where are the text processing jars located?

For using the plugin jars, should we add some other locations to the BuildPath?

Could you please help.

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

lib/plugins or .RapidMiner5/managed are the folders where extension .jars are loaded from. If you have the text extension installed, you can find it there. For an extension to depend on another extension though, you need to add a dependency. The code below is for the old Ant build system:

<property name="extension.dependencies" value="rmx_text[5.2]" />
    <property name="build.dependentExtensions" value="true" />
    Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    preethypreethy Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Thank you so much. I added these jars into my class path manually. But, I am not able to find Document object now also :(