Options

Activating License behind Proxy Problem

BociBoci Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited July 2019 in Help
Greetings,

I want to use the free Version of Rapid Miner and i HAve problem with the login. I created a Account and it works on the Homepage. My Problem is that I am behind a Proxy and I don't know how to ttell the Program to use the Proxy before login. After Login there is a Option to configure it but I can't move there because I can't login.

Is there a possibility to tyype in manually a free version key or to configure proxy before Rapid starts?

I would be happy about suggestions and help :D

I use Windows7 64 bit

Best Regards
Daniel
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

in that case, please create your free Trial key via the website in the License section of your account. You can then copy&paste the key into Studio by selecting manual license key at the bottom of the login dialog. After that, you can edit the proxy settings via the preferences dialog.
    There would be a way to manually edit proxy settings by hand before starting Studio, but that is tedious and not necessary in your case ;)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    BociBoci Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Greetings,

that helped but I hoped to try the trial license later after I know what the programm can do ^^

Best Regards
    Daniel
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

whether you do it manually or automatically from within Studio, you will always be provided with a trial key (if still available). There is no way to circumvent that. You could however try contacting us and ask for a "Starter" license first. I can't make any promises as that request goes to a different department, but no harm in trying, right? ;)

By the way, if the regular 2 weeks of the Trial version are insufficient, you can request an extension at the end of it by clicking on the "request an extension" button in Studio or on the website.

Regards,
    Marco