Options

License activation of rapidminer studio on linux without graphical environment

julian_julian_ Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited October 2019 in Help
hey miners,

i have the issue that i want to run some processes on our linux debian server with rapidminer studio 6.3. without a license you can only use 1 gb of ram which is not sufficent for my processes.

as i got a license for the full version i want to use this one but still could not figure out how to do this without graphical interface.

can you give me a point?  :)

best regards,
julian

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,508 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

why and how are you using rapidminer on a server without a GUI and not the RM Server?

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

as Martin has pointed out, that is definitely one of the things RapidMiner Server is for.
    Of course it is possible to install licenses w/o a GUI. You need to navigate to the existing .RapidMiner folder in the user home folder. Create a "licenses" subfolder and in that create another subfolder "rapidminer-studio". Then you can create a new file called something like "rapidminer-studio 6 [EDITION] 20140401-20150401.lic". Name does not matter much, except for the sake of humans reading it. They must end with ".lic" though. Then simply copy the actual license key you find in your account on the website into the file.
    Starting Studio the next time should detect and use your new license.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    julian_julian_ Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    hey together,

thank you very much for your quick replies!

@martin: we are using this for a students project and only got a license for the studio enterprise

@marco: thanks for your point! it worked well for me! :)

regards,
    julian  :)