Options

"Is there any instruction to install the R extension"

senniangsenniang Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
I heard there is a new R extension coming up, which is easier to add in than the previous one. Could someone throw a instruction or a link ?
Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can install it via the marketplace inside RapidMiner Studio (admittedly it's a bit of a pain to find at the moment, we're working on fixing that) or you can install it right from here: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_r_scripting

It's basically just install the extension and add the new "Execute R" operator in your process. It will then try to automatically determine where you have installed R and the required packages. If it does not succeed, it will let you know and allow you to specify the path to R manually. You might end up having to install one or two packages for R by hand, but that's about it in terms of preparation required :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    gbortz27gbortz27 Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    Hi Marco

I have loaded the R extention but do not see the R studio Icon when I open RM  and so I cannot open the R console...I can however run the Execute R Operator so everything is working
    Can you help me please ..I am using RM 6.4 :(

Graham
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

that is the intended behavior :)
    Everything you want to do via R, you can do via the new "Execute R" operator. You can pass data to it and retrieve as results in a much more powerful way than the old R extension could.
    Due to the completely changed way how Studio communicates with R, the R console is no longer accessible from within Studio. If you want to use it, you can configure R like you would without Studio by accessing R via your OS console directly.

Regards,
    Marco