[SOLVED] file not found :: for read model operator when hosted in server

PaulVPaulV Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,

I am exposing a process as a JSON webservice. (which works pretty nice)
This process uses a model file as input for the apply model operator by means of using the read model operator.

The error I am getting is that it cannot find the model file even though it is listed in the users repository.

Could not read file '/home/anonymous/xx.mod': java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/anonymous/xx.mod (No such file or directory)."}}

Is there anyplace I can start looking for what this issue might be?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Best regards

Paul
Tagged:

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    My guess would be that it's looking on the server for the directory /home/anonymous/xx.mod which doesn't exist and not in the user directory in the RapidMiner repository. 
    (The Read Model operator reads from a disk location). 
    If your model is stored in the RapidMiner repository you can use the Retrieve operator to use in the process. 

Does that help? 
  • PaulVPaulV Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Where can I check for the existence of that directory. As thru the repository browser the file can be seen (even with the same path?)
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,497 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

which user is using the webservice? If it is anomynous you need to give read rights.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • PaulVPaulV Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    JEdward wrote:

My guess would be that it's looking on the server for the directory /home/anonymous/xx.mod which doesn't exist and not in the user directory in the RapidMiner repository. 
    (The Read Model operator reads from a disk location).   
    If your model is stored in the RapidMiner repository you can use the Retrieve operator to use in the process. 

Does that help? 
    I have created a process which first stores the model in the repository after which the main process can use the Retrieve operator.

Thanks for the tip!
    p.s. what is the recommended way? Using retrieve or read.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,497 RM Data Scientist
    I don't know whats recommended, but i personally never used Read.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany