"Installation of Image Mining"

gunnerli90gunnerli90 Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I have downloaded the zip file of Image mining extension but I do not how to install it in Rapidminer. I saw some post saying that I need to copy jar file to one place within the folder of Rapidminer but I cannot find such file. What's more, which format of image can this extension accept? Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi gunnerli,

for extensions which are not on the marketplace, you need to copy the jar to plugins folder of your installation. On my windows thats

C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\lib\plugins
    I've never used Image mining myself so far, so I can not tell you which formats are supported.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • gunnerli90gunnerli90 Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    When I unzipped the file, there are 14 items, including 9 folders, a classpath file, a project file, a properties file, a XML file and a zipped file named "rapidminer-Image Mining-5.0.000". Should I copy the zipped file to /plugins? Otherwise, where is jar file?
    I just want to add image to report. Is there any other extension that I can use?
    Thank you!
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

it should be one .jar file...
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • gunnerli90gunnerli90 Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    I have double checked but there is no such .jar file. Maybe I did not download a complete version of this extension. Could you tell me the where to download the latest version of this image mining extension? Thank you!
  • StaryVenaStaryVena Member Posts: 126 Contributor II
    Hello gunnerli,
    just change the extension from zip to jar.

Or you can ask for the latest version here:
    http://www.burgsys.com/image-analysis-software.php

Vaclav