"Replace missing values by empty string?"

vwegertvwegert Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

I need to replace missing values in some text fields of an example set with an empty string (mostly because some of the subsequent formulae won't be executed otherwise). The Replace Missing Values operator should be the obvious solution, but I can't use "default zero" on text attributes, and "default value" forces me to set a non-empty replenishment value. I could use the latter to insert a dummy value that is not part of the actual data set, then use a second operator to replace the dummy value. Unfortunately, I can't use the "Replace" operator on text attributes, so I would have to use Generate Attributes and a lot of similar formulae. Is there an easier way for this?

Thanks
  Volker Wegert
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi Volker,

could you maybe post example data? I am a bit unsure what you really want to do.

~Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • vwegertvwegert Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi Martin,

I'm simply importing CSV files that contain some empty "cells" and need to replace the "missing" values in some fields with an empty string.

Volker