Options

Neural Network Toplogy & Optimize Neural Network

Luis_CanoLuis_Cano Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello, i would like to optimize a neural net using Genetic Algorithms, there is a operator named Optimize Parameters (Evolucionary) where i can use genetic algorithms approaches to optimize the neural net, but it wont let me use genetic algorithms to determine the best number of hidden layers and their respective values. Is there a way I can optimize my neural net with genetic algorithms approaches but optimizing the number of hidden layers and values?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

With the standard RapidMiner Neural Network I haven't yet found a way to do this.  You can download our free DL4J extension which will work with the optimize parameter operators.

DL4J Extension Direct Link

Please note however, that it is still early Beta so it might throw an error for some parameter settings so make sure you keep an eye on it.  We're working on this.

John

RapidMiner China - RapidMiner sales & consulting in China.

www.rapidminerchina.com

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

I knew that i found a way together with @MariusHelf to do this. But i do not remember how anymore..

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany