RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Different algorithm for modeling and nested in GA for feature selection

IatiiIatii Member Posts: 8 Contributor I
edited September 2019 in Help

Answers

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,462  RM Data Scientist

Hi,

can you maybe post your proess?

~Martin

- Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • IatiiIatii Member Posts: 8 Contributor I

Sure

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,462  RM Data Scientist

Dear lattii,

to be honest your process looks a bit odd in general. You apply the k-nn on the learned data in the GA, which leads to overtraining. Further you used a split validation by hand w/o taking the Ga into account, this is again something which yields to overtraining. I would suggest to put a cross validation around everything. It is further a bit strange to use a naive bayes to generate features and a k-NN for classification - but if it works, it works.

~Martin

- Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    Iatii
    thanks for your guidance,

Do you think if I delete the whole K-NN process in GA and then bring the modeling process in GA (delete the splitting operator and using split validation), it work true ?

and about the model discussed, you are saying if my model works, so it is true. In this case the feature selection is done using K-NN or NB ? I get a little confused. I am new user to RM, so sorry for these questions.