RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Analyzing cluster homogeneity and using Cluster Distance Performnace

nidhi_s019nidhi_s019 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, I have implemented k-means clustering on a dataset. I have tried analyzing k of clustering by looking at parallel and deviation chart given in rapid-miner. Further, the aim is to analyze homogeneity of clusters.  Out of various performance models given, the operator "Cluster Distance Performance" operator is used on results of k-means clustering. 1)Are there any other operators that can provide such analysis? 2) The dataset that I have has numeric vectors with large values (in hundreds and thousands), also I have a dataset which have extremely small values (upto 5th-8th place of decimal) . I am not sure of how to interpret the results that I get from the operator  "Cluster Distance Performance".. Can someone please help me with this? Though I read that smaller the value of Davies Bouldin better is the clustering. Please find attached for reference a snapshot of performance operator result and Centroid table. Thanks.

Tagged: