RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

dictionary based sentiment analysis with german text

nrwstudentnrwstudent Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi there,

does someone know how to create a dictionary based sentiment analysis process for german texts?
I've just seen solutions for english texts using Wordnet.... i'd like to use the german SentiWS - does someone have

experience with that one ?

at the moment I've got an process that just counts the positive and negative words in the text but it doesn't weight the terms-

so that as a result "schlecht" (bad) and "fürchterlich" (dreadful) are regarded as equal. SentiWS weights the words but until now i

filtered the weights out, since I do not know how to deal with them in the process.

I'd be very thankful if someone helped.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761   Unicorn

I dont have experience with the German Sentiwordnet but I believe you can "hack" a way to connect it to the RapidMiner operators using an Open File operator. In the past, that's how some users have done it before we had the Wordnet Extension. I would search these forums or the InterWebz for something.

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,460  RM Data Scientist

Hi,

someone from Katharina Morik's group at TU Dortmund was working on using some other german dictionary, propably within RM. I sadly forgot the details. But you may contact her.

~Martin

- Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • ep020ep020 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi, 

I also work on a sentiment analysis in German. And I also need to count the positiv and negativ words. Can you please send mir your process. 

It would be very helpful. 

Thanks! 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761   Unicorn

@ep020 it would be best if you want to get someone's attention to use the the '@' symbol and their name to get their attention.

sgenzer
  • ep020ep020 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I