Options

"Parameter Macros"

haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
After much trawling around I found the parameter macro %{experiment_name} which was exactly what I needed, so my question is whether any other such undocumented goodies exist!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello haddock,

yes, quite a lot, but documenting all of them would actually reduce the fun of finding those goodies ;-)

Just kidding. The macro feature actually is documented. Have a look into the tutorial, Section 3.3, page 48 (you will find two download links on our web site). Beside, there are a lot of undocumented features. We are currently in the process of making most of them less hidden by integrating them better into the program and we are also revising the complete documentation. This, however, will take some time...

So please let us know if you are finding other undocumented features (and also the documented ones ;-) so we can add them on our "to-document-list".

Cheers,
    Ingo

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Bonsoir Ingo!

Not sure %{experiment_name} does appear on page 48, and from the sources I can now see why. But it sure is useful in my context, so I hope it remains in place.

public class MacroHandler {

// TODO: remove experiment macros later
    private static final String[] PREDEFINED_MACROS = {
    "experiment_name",
    "experiment_file",
    "experiment_path",
    "process_name",
    "process_file",
    "process_path"
    };

All that being said, keep up the great work, I've never found datamining to be such fun!

Pip Pip
  • Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hello Haddock,

actually the macro %{experiment_name} is indeed not mentioned in the documentation. The reason for that is that a RapidMiner experiment has been renamed to "process" some time ago. As a consequence, the predifined macros that capture properties of the processes (like %{experiment_name}) have been renamed too. The macro %{experiment_name} has hence been replaced by the macro %{process_name} which should be used instead. The old macros are depreceated and might potentially be removed.

Regards,
    Tobias