Options

error message with decision tree

christopherriofchristopherriof Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited July 2019 in Help

I am trying to make a decision tree and am a beginner with rapid miner.

This is the error message I am getting.

Can anyone help me with this?

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 10.31.54 PM.pngerror message

Answers

• Options
    dr-connie-brettdr-connie-brett RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

You need to mark one of the columns in the input data as "label", which is the column you are trying to predict with the decision tree.  Obviously some of your data will have a label (or target category/value/etc)- otherwise you can't train a tree.  Use the set role operator to set the type of the target column to label.  Hope this helps.  

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

CB4 is right. You need to assign a "label" to your data set so the decision tree can learn what patterns make up your target.

To do this, just use the Set Role operator and select the column you want the DT to learn to. Set that as a "label". 

Note, if you have ID's like a Primary key or an email, you might want to use the Set Role operator to assingn those values as ID. This way they flow through the analysis without being used.